Management Buy-out/-Buy-in advisory
- Optimization of transaction structure
- Analysis of the feasibility of a management buy-out or management buy-in
- Evaluation of strategic alternatives
- Advisory with regard to the identification and selection of potential co-investors (financial sponsors, family offices, high net worth individuals)
- Capital raising, including equity, mezzanine and senior debt as well as public funding (Fördermittel)
- Strategic planning and structuring of the financing
- Advisory and accompaniment of discussions with the current shareholder and financing institutions
You have been working in a leading management position of a business and you are contemplating the idea of becoming a minority or majority shareholder of this company (MBO) or another business (MBI)? With regard to the realization of this complex task, besides the primary question of a general willingness of the owner to sell his shares, the question of how to finance the endeavor is of key importance. Where can I source financing from? What is the minimum equity requirement? What is the impact regarding personal guarantees and collaterals? What is my own financing limit? Do I need a co-investor and if so, where do I find such?
On the basis on our long-term experience with management buy-ins and management buy-outs we support our clients in finding a solution for these challenges. Due to our excellent network, we develop individual financing models and identify suitable financing partners. We advise and support you from the first approach of the current owner to the signing of the final agreements and, if desired, beyond.
Our added value
- Long-term experience
- Excellent knowledge of and personal access to financial sponsors and acquisition financing partners (banks, mezzanine providers, co-investors)
- Knowledge of the available public funds (Fördermittel) and funding possibilities
- High degree of empathy and sensitiveness in dealing with the current owners and shareholders