- Optimizing shareholders' equity by making use of all types of possible financing
- Capital raising, including equity, mezzanine and debt capital as well as government funding
- Capital-funded structuring of investments
- Transaction-related financing advisory (e.g. acquisition financing, growth financing)
We know the financing sector and have worked together with a multitude of financial sponsors in the past. During the discussions and negotiations with investors and banks, we support our clients with optimal preparation and presentation of their needs and strategy. From our long-term experience, we know the preferences and characteristics of different financing partners as well as the current market developments and customize our advisory accordingly.
Furthermore, the operational business in many cases shows potential for optimization. Mittelstand companies often depend on a single bank and their owners use private assets as collaterals for their businesses risks. Also, companies use short-term financing to cover for long-term needs. This is where Zerbach & Company starts with a thorough analysis of the current situation and develops an optimal and sustainable financing structure.
Our added value
- Excellent knowledge of and personal access to financial sponsors and acquisition financing partners (banks, mezzanine providers, co-investors)
- Long-term experience with regard to the feasibility of different financing structures, always considering if the defined structure is sustainable (e.g. in a crisis situation)
- Knowledge of the limitations and prerequisites of the financing partners (e.g. What is a certain bank’s typical limit? What are their internal decision making processes? What else has to be considered?)